Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy First Birthday Hailey!

Happy First Birthday, Hailey Evelyn. You are my sweet little cuddle bug with a laugh that will make the grumpiest person smile. Almost always happy, and full of boundless energy, you keep me on my toes every moment you are awake. I love the little curls at the back of your neck, your almond shaped eyes, and mouth full of pearly white teeth. You are excited to discover everything around you, thrilled when someone offers you a snack and you absolutely adore your big sister.

Recently, you have developed a love for kitties (thanks to Jasper), and your growl-in-the-throat kitty noise is hilarious. You sign several words, and are starting to speak a few too, mostly Mama & Dada right now. You aren't a quiet girl, by any stretch of the imagination...rather, you are our "town-crier" screaming everything good and bad at the top of your lungs. Of course, one would have to in order to be heard over little miss chatterbox (aka Hannah).

You have quite the personality, and a true love for all things musical. Listening to Daddy play piano is one of your favorite past times. We love how you pull a Stevie Wonder move with your head anytime music is to be heard.

It is my party and I will cry if I want to.
Almost standing on her own.
Balloons and big sisters make it all better.
Mommy made a chocolate cake for you to smash, thinking that you would like it...boy was I wrong.
You didn't want to get dirty at all. It took me putting your hands and feet in the cake, and then a little bit in your mouth before you started to dig in.
mmmmm


I'm glad you finally enjoyed some chocolate cake!
You are growing up so fast, my little sunshine. I love that you are, but I am sad too. Don't grow too fast okay?

No comments: