We were making sundaes tonight for dessert. Mike thought it would be a good idea to squirt the can of whipped cream at me. I didn't think he would do it, but sure enough, after wiping the white stuff off of my glasses, it was game on. I jumped up, grabbed the can and we wrestled/shouted/laughed while trying to "get" each other. I think in the back of our minds, we both thought the girls would think it was funny, because when do we EVER play fight over ANYTHING?
Our play ended abruptly when Hannah and Hazel started screaming and crying. It was the terrible kind of cry that a child makes when their world is being turned upside down and they are witnessing something that will scar them for the rest of their lives. Big crocodile tears streamed down their faces as their mouths hung open and their wails filled the room. Hailey, on the other hand, sat in her chair, blissfully ignoring our whipped cream battle, happily eating her sundae.
After we calmed everyone down, we asked what was wrong? Why were you crying? Hannah, still sniffling and gasping from her big cry said, "you were fighting, and you squirted me!!"
When we asked Hailey what she thought of the whole situation, she said, "What? you were just playing...and I have yummy ice cream!"
Years down the road we will joke about this. Remember when you started a whipped cream fight and we made the kids cry? Pure awesome. Right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment