Thursday, June 12, 2008

20 Months Old & Flying High

Hannah is 20 months and 6 days old today. (I know I am 6 days late for taking her monthly pictures - but it has been raining a lot and I wanted some nice outside pictures). I painted her toes last night after she went to bed to mark the occasion. This is pretty cool nailpolish if you ask me. Nana bought it for me in Alaska last year at a place called Del Sol. It changes color when you go outside. Inside it is a sparkly silver, and outside it is a bright pink. Hannah saw her toes today, pointed to them and said "Pre-tty". I've been waiting to paint her toes for a loooong time.



As you can tell from the picture above, we were in the sand box at the park behind our house. Hannah loves playing in the park, and we make daily trips there, just to get the both of us out of the house for a while. Hannah also loves the swings, both the ones made for little kids and the ones for bigger kids (like Mommy). Hannah and I will often ride the big swing together. She sits on my lap, I hold her with my left arm and hold on to the swing (for dear life) with my right hand. It was akward and I didn't like it at first because Hannah didn't feel secure in my arms, but now she squeezes my neck so tightly and whispers "wheeee" into my ear while we swing. I love swinging with her.

But for pictures today, I put her in the kid swing. This was quite the work out for me. I would push her with one hand until she went up really high (as high as you can get on the little kid swings) and then I would sit back and focus the camera a little more each time she would swing back. Once in focus, I took as many pictures as I could while trying to keep her swinging and laughing. I'm sure the other parents in the park thought I was nuts...probably one of "those" parents who are obsessed with taking pictures of their perfect child. *guilty as charged*

Enjoy these high-flying pictures!






(a little out of focus, but I LOVE this shot)
It's Super Hannah!!! Actually...she saw an airplane. Lately she is fascinated with airplanes. Any time she hears one flying overhead, she drops what she is doing, locates the plane in the sky, points to it, does some kind of silly dance and then tries to jump as high as she can. Then she stops, waves and says "bye" as it goes out of sight. Silly girl.

After swinging in the park, we came home and played some more in the backyard. Hannah loves picking dandilions. She will walk around with a mitt-full of them like a little bouquet. She brought one to me and I tucked it behind my ear. Well...that was it! She HAD to have not one but TWO behind her ears. She walked around saying "pretty, pretty, pretty" and pointing to her ears. It made me thing of a story Michael likes to tell about his sister Joanne, and how when they were little, Michael and Jeff would tell Joanne to point at her head and say the letters "M" and "T". Try it. Sounds like you are saying "Empty". Apparently Joanne said "M-T, M-T, M-T...I don't get it". Michael and Jeff still kill themselves laughing about it today.
After Hannah grew tired of giving me flowers, she decided it would be fun to give Jasper flowers. She thought it was pretty funny when he started to smell the flower.

Awe.


Holy cow! I can't believe she is 20 months old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

test