Thursday, October 8, 2009

Snow Day!

We woke up to our very first snow day today. White stuff was everywhere. From the moment she woke up, Hannah wanted to go outside and "eat the snow" which is something she really enjoyed doing last year. The only problem is that we don't have snow boots or a snow suit that fit her this year (guess it is time to go shopping with Grandma). So, I bundled her up as best as I could, put on her ladybug boots (the only waterproof shoes we have that fit right now) and let her go to town - with the only stipulation being that when she got cold, it was time to go back inside. It didn't take long for the both of us to get cold, but we did have some fun while we were playing in the snow. :)

Outside for barely 5 seconds and she already was licking a mitt-full of snow.
Ladybug shoes in the snow. :)
More snow on the tongue.
Catching snowflakes on her tongue.
Nana's new car...in the snow.
Hi Nana! You left just in the nick of time. (An interesting side note: I had to google the proper spelling and usage of "nick". I thought for sure it would be "knick", but I was mistaken.)
California poppies, freezing in the snow. Guess it is time to pull the annuals out of my garden. Maybe after the snow melts.
One last scoop and lick of snow before heading inside. Burrr.
I'm so not ready for winter yet. But this was a fun little adventure outside. :)

No comments: