Hazel is 7.5 months old now. Where did the time go?? She is starting to barrel roll everywhere now, and often gets herself wedged into some of the most awkward places. Hannah, Hailey and I are often playing "where's the baby" - a hide & seek game - with Hazel as one minute she is on her play mats, and the next minute, you can hear her, but you can't see her.
Her latest trick is that she loves to "fly." I just happened to have my camera handy one day, and snagged a few shots. So glad I did, because I know this stage will be over all too soon.
She was laying on the floor and whining at me. So I got down on her level to snap some shots. First off, this snowman outfit is just so stinking cute on her! It's been chilly here, and with walking Hannah to school in the mornings, I need to have a nice warm outfit to put her in. This one just drives home the fact that winter is around the corner (boo).
Second, I absolutely love her chubby little hands. These little fingers sticking out of a yummy little ball of hand is just so stinking cute to me. I love that I was able to capture some shots of her little hands (although it was completely unintentional).
Fly away baby girl. While this is a developmental balance game, Hazel has also added a form of communication to this pose. There are times where she will "fly" just for the fun of it. And then there are times where she will "fly" because she wants to be picked up. This was one of those "come get me, Mommy" moments.
And when I didn't get her right away, she pushed herself up and whined even louder at me. Little girl knows how to get my attention.
Taken a little later that morning (sans binkie) but still whining. Oh sweet face and chubby hands...can I please just gobble you up?
Hazel has the most amazing...deep...old-soul...brown eyes. Perfectly almond shaped. When she smiles, her eyes smile with her. Sometimes when I am pushing her in her stroller, with her warm hat on and her blanket wrapped around her to keep her from the cold, the only part of her sweet face that is left uncovered are her eyes. I talk to her as I walk/push, and inevitably her big brown eyes will squint into a smile, or they will turn to the side in a moment of bashfulness, or widen in complaint. So communicative.
Before I know it, this little fly-girl will start moving too fast for me to take pictures of her. Hailey started army crawling at 8 months. 2 weeks. I wonder if she will do it?







No comments:
Post a Comment