Thursday, November 29, 2012

Random Act Of Kindness

I have been talking with the girls about the holiday season and how important it is to do nice things for people...not just at Christmas time, but all year long. I had a great idea for our first random act of kindness. I had the kids (Kate and Luke helped too) make a banner for the local fire department. I drew the fire trucks and they colored them in. Then we glued the pictures to the banner and they colored in the letters. 

Then, I made about 75 ginger snap cookies and packaged them up really pretty. Yum.

Today, we drove the banner and the cookies to the local fire department and surprised them with our thank you gift. When we first arrived, the firemen didn't quite understand why we were there. But when the kids opened up their banner, and I handed them the cookies, they smiled from ear to ear. :) 

It feels good to make other people feel good. I can't wait to do something else with the kids. 


No comments: