Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve at church

I am so sad I didn't have my camera with me. Hannah was too funny. At my church there is a wood cross that is decorated with white christmas lights. Sitting at the bottom is a small manger scene with a baby Jesus (babydoll) resting inside. Hannah wouldn't sit still for the singing, so I chased her the whole time. At one point, she found baby Jesus, and started playing with his eyes, they are the open-close/sleep-awake kind. She left him and came back a few minutes later, this time to pick him up, love him, pat pat his back, kiss him and put him back in the manger. After a few more minutes of chasing her (this was the end of the service) she went back to baby Jesus, picked him up and ran away with him! LOL. She took him to a corner, sat down and rocked the baby, hugged the baby and played with his eyes. It took some coaxing, but she eventually put baby Jesus "night night" and waved "bye-bye" to him. Everyone was laughing at her, and someone commented "Now she knows the real meaning of Christmas". hehe.

This was a surprise as I thought that she would dance and sing with all of the music as she does on Sundays. Guess the tempo was a little too slow for dancing and singing tonight. :)

From our family to yours, we wish you a very merry Christmas.

No comments: