We went to Hawrelak Park today, as we do every Tuesday morning before daycare, to walk, chase geese and (of course) take some pictures. The world is finally starting to turn green and warm again. The snow has melted and what was solid ice is now liquid again. Everywhere you go, you can hear the birds of spring singing (or in this case, honking) in celebration. Hannah loves our walks in the park, and on this particular morning, she had more fun than I would have liked...wait for it.
Climbing on to a park bench.

Taking a moment to contemplate the lake, ducks, and scenery.
Queen of the castle...
Found stick...must poke at water.
ok. Here is where it got good. Hannah was being innocent enough, poking water and splashing a little. I should have known better than to stand 5 feet away and take pictures...but she was sooo cute and sweet. Well, my darling daughter, briefly turned and looked at me (flashing her "just wait until you see what I am going to do next" smile) and then proceeded to not walk, but run into the lake.
This was the last picture I captured before nearly dropping my camera in attempt to get her out of the water. Little Hannah...in the matter of a few seconds...made it waist deep into the icy cold, goose-poop laden lake. She was sooo mad at me when I scooped her out of the water and ran her back to the car. ooOOOoo was she mad.
Oh, and she was too busy running around for me to get a good face shot. She didn't even want to look in my direction.
Fun times.

No comments:
Post a Comment