Wednesday, August 19, 2009

At Grandma & Grandpa's House

I offloaded some images from my little P&S Olympus camera today, so there will be a few make-up posts. :)

A few weeks ago, we went to Grandma & Grandpa's house after going to see the Lion King on stage. Hannah wore her pretty little dress...and for some reason, the cows came out for the occasion. The farmers who own the property on the other side of the fence raise seasonal cattle (aka hamburger). These guys are pretty skittish, and don't come to the fence often (except when you hold really still, or apparently when you are cooking beef on the BBQ).

This picture was taken in 2003, before Michael and I were married. I would sit in the hammock and just wait for the cows to come say hi. Being a city girl, I found it to be quite thrilling to be so close to a cow...that was still walking. :)
Anyways, back to Hannah. I was surprised at these cows, because they didn't run away from her when she would race toward the fence. Perhaps it is because she was so small...or maybe this herd was a little more comfortable with people than the other herds I have tried to entice to the fence.
She would laugh and play on the fence, squeal with delight, and these cows would just hang out and watch her.
Eventually they got brave and even came up to say hi through the fence.
Hannah grabbed a piece of grass and waved it around until this one dirty black cow (LOL) came up and started to munch on it. Wow, that sure made her day.
Telling a story to the cows.
After she got bored with the cows, we headed over to our shared garden. It has been a dry year, but things are finally starting to grow. Here Hannah is in her favorite row...the pea row. :) She will pick the pea pods, shell them and eat the peas. She could do it for hours. The other day, she ate a whole large ziploc bag of peas by herself.
Showing off her pea. :)

And for your viewing pleasure, here is my first attempt at uploading a video to my blog. This is Hannah talking to the cows. Sorry about the sideways camera at the beginning. Also, you will need to turn off my music on the left hand side of your screen to hear Hannah (and I) talking to the cows. :)

No comments: