Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's a Princess-y Kind of Day - Part 1

Hannah woke up this morning and decided today was going to be a Princess-y kind of day. This minute she was out of bed, she wanted to wear her pretty princess dress (a white flowing dress that Nana & Papa bought last year), and some of my sparkly jewelery (which I let her play with from time to time). She found a telescopic lecture pointer on Daddy's desk, and asked me to turn it into a wand. So I had her sit and help me cut out some stars out of construction paper, and we taped it on. Ta-Da! Instant telescoping wand. LOL.

Much to my dismay, she has grown into loving princesses, and in particular, BEING a princess. While I do not interfere with her exploration of the subject, or her imagination that tends to run wild, I try not to encourage it as much as possible. Although, as described above, I do help her create items that help facilitate her imagination. But for now, I guess it is okay. She is pretty cute after all. Especially when she does silly things like this...

I give you Hannah...and her creative rendition of "Bippity Boppity Boo!"

Daddy turns into a good princess doesn't he? LOL

No comments: