Sunday, August 17, 2008

Don't Be A Welcher!

I think the fun/funny Daddy is starting to come out of his shell. Truth be told, I didn't know what kind of a Daddy Michael would be. I knew he would be an awesome provider, but I didn't how if he would get silly, get down and play or goof off with Hannah. He is so serious a majority of the time. But...dun dun dunnnn! Low and behold, he has arrived. For almost a month now, Michael has been the one who lets Hannah out of her booster seat after dinner. He pulls the chair over to him, bends down, looks at her in the eyes and they have a mini-conversation before he lets her out:

"So, if I let you out do I get a hug?"
"uh-huh"
"And do I get a kiss?"
"K"
"Now don't be a welcher!"
"K"

He unbuckles her from her booster seat, she stands up on his legs and throws herself at him for a hug and a kiss. Totally uncharacteristic of a child who is resistant to giving Daddy a hug and a kiss before he leaves for work.

Last night during dinner, we turned on an internet radio station that was having an Elvis-a-thon. We listened to fun music and danced at the table while we ate. After dinner (and being told not to be a welcher) Hannah got down and started to dance in the kitchen. Michael came up to her, offered his fingers and danced with her while I emptied the dishwasher. I LOVED seeing the two of them dance in the kitchen and couldn't help but think "now THIS is the kind of memory I want her to have of her Daddy".

I did take some video of the two of them dancing. I will have to get Michael to help me download it from the camera/convert it to a new format and then I will be able to post it. Don't let me forget. It was too cute.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Just makes me smile to imagine the moment! Those are hard to capture but so important to treasure!
:)
Marsha