Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hannah, Can You Say...?

Daddy likes to play the "can you say" game with Hannah all the time. Tonight, as I sat having my "five minutes peace" to eat dinner, I overheard them talking in the front room (literally around the corner).

D: Hannah, can you say "Mommy?"
H: Mommy
D: Can you say "Daddy?"
H: Daddy
D: Can you say "Hannah?"
H: Sh-annah (the sh- is new and is attached to almost every word. ie: sh-un (sun), sh-at (hat) etc.)
D: Can you say "Jasper?"
H: Maow
D: (laughing) Can't you just say "Jasper?"
H: Maowwwwww
D: I love the "Maow". I'm going to miss it someday.

I laugh at this, because someday she will surprise us and actually say "Jasper". When that day comes, it will signify another step in her verbal development. Where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday she was learning to crawl.

No comments: