Thursday, December 11, 2008

Run Run Run...

As fast as you can, you can't catch me...I'm the gingerbread man!

I bought a gingerbread house kit today at Walmart, and decided to have a little candyland fun with Hannah. I constructed the house and set it aside to let it set before she managed to see what I was doing in the kitchen...but when I put her in her booster seat for her nutritious lunch (had to be done with so much candy in the near future), my 2 year old became quite impatient, and had to start the gingerbread house NOW. So, like any good parent...I caved just to get her to stop throwing a fit. I ate the healthy lunch (apples, cheese slice, carrot & raisins) while my daughter sat grinning from ear to ear, sneaking bites of candy while decorating. :)

The "before" shot...She can't wait to get started.
It was hard to get the icing on the house, monitor consumption of candy and try to take pictures, so many of the early decorating pictures are missing here. I apologize. I think this picture makes up for it though...she was sooo thrilled with the decorating she had done.
This one goes here....and that one goes there...
She had to decorate the gingerbread tree for the front yard.
And stuff a bunch of candies in her mouth too.
Nooo I'm not eating candy. Not me. Nope...I wouldn't do a thing like that.
That's right...you don't see me eating candy. I promise, this one is going on the door. Really.
The gingerbread man can't run anymore.
My masterpiece.
I gave her a sugar free candy cane just so that she would lay off the gingerbread house candy (fully loaded w/ sugar). The candy cane was the lesser of two evils.
Knock knock...anyone home?
Cheese!
Peek...
A-Boo!
Cute smile.
Dude...you are missing your head! What happened?

When Daddy came home tonight after work, he looked at me and said "That's cheating". Apparently, Michael, Uncle Jeff & Auntie Jo made a gingerbread church and entered it into a gingerbread house contest when they were younger. They made it from scratch. Of course I would be cheating with a ready-to-assemble kit. I told him that next year, he can make the gingerbread house from scratch with Hannah. I would stand by and take pictures. :) Stay tuned for next year's post...Daddy & Daughter Make A Gingerbread House (and a big mess). LOL.

No comments: