Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day - Winter Weather Style

I went for a walk today to go get some milk at the corner market (aka gas station). Michael had the car, and walking to the grocery store was not an option since it was too cold outside. That said, it was too beautiful outside not to take the opportunity to get out with my camera. There was a lot of moisture in the air the past few nights, and it had coated everything with a stunning layer of frost. I had no idea it had a name until I moved to Canada almost 6 years ago (gosh has it been that long?). My in-laws called it Hoar-Frost. No one seems to know why it is called Hoar-Frost...but everyone calls it that. :)

So enjoy a peek at our 2009 Valentine's Day - Winter Weather Style.

This basketball net was covered with it. I thought it was pretty neat.
Leaves that managed to hang on all winter were laced with frost.
More Mountain Ash leaves. Sooo pretty.
I loved this view of one of the pine trees in the neighborhood.
The view of the "forest" from my kitchen window. It isn't a real forest...but we like to call it that. :)
Another view.
And then there is this awful awful image of me...I didn't really want a picture taken, but the hair around my face had frosted over from my breath. I phoned Mom as I was turning the corner to my street, and asked her to put on gloves as my camera was quite cold (she's from California - give her a break). She captured this picture of me. Nothing like seeing myself with grey hair! Perhaps it is a sign of things to come?

Happy Valentine's Day - from the frigid white north. :)

No comments: