Friday, February 6, 2009

Valentine Hearts...Part I

Last year, I bought Hannah these neat-o little window gel sticky hearts for Valentines Day. She played with them for weeks. But for someone who liked them so much, I just couldn't figure out why she would tear them to bits.

It wasn't until this year that I realized what was going on. I bought some more gel hearts for her this year because last years were destroyed. We put them up on the kitchen nook door (since it is all glass) and since it was nice to see them while we had meals at the table. A few hours later, while Hannah and I were playing a game in the front room, I heard this noise. A strange noise...it sounded like something clinking a glass. I peeked around the corner to see Jasper...eyeing the gel hearts. I watched the weasel as he stood on his hind legs, and picked every heart off the glass, and shook them much like a dog would shake a rag toy. One heart was demolished right before my eyes. Thankfully, my camera was on the counter, and I managed to snap a few shots of the Valentine Mayhem.

Eyeing the target...
Going in for the kill...
This was a bigger heart (middle sized) so it took a little more "pull" before it would come off the glass.
Another middle sized heart.
I love the "disgusted" look he has on his face as he pulls the hearts off the glass. It's almost like he is saying, "well, if I can't have a true love this Valentine's Day, no one will"
Once they were all on the floor, I started to pick them up, only to find that he went absolutely crazy over the hearts as they wiggled in my hand. The little girl in me couldn't resist these shots.

Hehehe.

No comments: