Saturday, February 14, 2009

Painting, Ponytails & Potty Training - Oh My!

We had fun with "P" activities around the house today. First up on the tabs was "Painting". To say that my daughter LOVES painting is an understatement. Girlfriend will paint until the "Cars" come home - if you know what I mean.

Standing by her easel...ready to paint. (please note the cheesy grin)

Her well-used and well-loved strip of water paints.

Painting "Daddy Car"...purple. She's not one to paint reality. She prefers to express her individuality through different colors (today it was blue and purple).

Purple...and blue...
See? I wasn't exaggerating when I said that she loves to paint. There is one page that is covered in red stickers. The rest is paint. :)
The next "P" activity was "Ponytails". Last Tuesday at daycare, Hannah saw a little girl with ponytails and asked to have some put in her hair. This is a major breakthrough with her because until recently, she has hated anything (clips, bows, headbands) being put in her hair. Well, I jumped on it and bought the little "ouchless" rubber bands for her hair, and finally got to use them this week.
Check out my little girl w/ her hair all ponied up. :)
Isn't she cute?

There's that cheesy grin again.
Concentrating on drawing letters on her magna-board.
Finally, I took some pictures of our potty training efforts. Hannah has been very resistant to potty training, even though I started the "PT" talk over a year ago. Today, out of desperation (and because the remainder of her clothes were in the washing machine) we brought the potty chair out from the bathroom and put it in the family room, where she could continue watching "Cars" without being interrupted.

Yay Cars!!
Even Daddy got in on the potty training action.
Playing and Potty Training...it works. I swear.
In the end, Hannah made huge progress today. She finally made the connection between needing to go...and already went - Horray! We will see if she continues this progress tomorrow.
Now, if I could only get her to sleep through the night!

No comments: