It wouldn't be the first day of vacation without going to the beach. And we did just that. As soon as the sun was up, and the monsters were fed, we headed out to the beach with all of our beach gear.

While Hailey went into the water with Papa. The water was a bit cool, but seeing the little fish around her feet kept her entertained enough to tolerate the chill.


Hannah soon suited up and went for a ride on her fish-watching surfboard. She loved every second of it.


It was not long before Hailey was finished watching the show, and I tired of chasing her around 100+ onlookers, so I took her back up to the room (with my camera in my pocket!). While we were up in the room, Hannah agreed to go "on stage" for a hula contest. The story, as I am told, is that she was up there with about 50+ kids of all different ages, and that the "Chief" had them all hula. He picked Hannah out of all of the other kids and awarded her with a whole coconut, and a palm frond headband.
She came running up to our room grinning from ear to ear, and telling me the story of how she won the hula contest, and how cool the "Chief" was, and how she got this "special" coconut and "special" headband. I'm sad that I missed her shining moment, but so glad that she won! That's my girl.












No comments:
Post a Comment