It is our next to last day in Hawaii today. We have had such a wonderful time that I hate to see it end. As we were walking around Maui this afternoon, we walked past a guy who had a bunch of different birds on perches that we could say hello to, or even have our picture taken with. While I thought it was kind of a cool idea, I knew Michael wouldn't go for it, so when Hannah asked if we could take pictures with the birds, I said no. Yet, to my surprise, Michael said, "why not?"
Hannah was overjoyed and thrilled to have a bird sit on her head, and help hold a bird who was laying on his back in Daddy's hand. Hailey was initially excited, but when the bird-man pulled out his camera, her smile disappeared.
This picture makes me smile for so many reasons. First, I have a Gallah on my head. LOVE!!!! Hannah's smile is one of absolute excitement. Michael is really smiling. Like...really really smiling (I think it is because the red bird was whispering things into his ear). The blue bird makes me giggle, just laying there on his back. And the leis. This is such a colorful image, and I just can't get enough of it. Was it worth the $40 for 10 postcards?? yes. yes it was. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment