Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Daddy and I were excited to share the magic of Santa with Hannah tonight. For the first time, she was excited about putting out a cookie & milk for the big dude in red. She was also excited to write a letter to him to leave by the treats.

Hannah with Santa's Cookie.
After the cookie was neatly placed on the plate, we decided to write some letters.

Here is Hannah's Letter:
And the monster on the back:
Here is Hailey's letter:
And the best letter of all, Daddy's Letter to Santa. I believe that this is every Daddy's letter to Santa...which is why I find it so funny.
(note: I made sure to ask permission before posting this, and to my surprise, he agreed to let me post it).
Hannah standing by the "Santa Table" complete with cookie, milk and all of the letters to Santa. Good thing she can't read. :)
Our tree at night time, and the garland w/ nativity figurines on the fireplace mantle. I didn't realize I had a burned out strand of lights on the tree until I took this picture. Guess we will need to buy new lights next year.
It took Hannah forever to go to bed tonight, and by default, forever for us to be able to "play" Santa. She insisted on sleeping backward on her bed with her window open so that she could "Watch for Santa", and every noise that she heard, she would run out of her room to see if Santa was here. She was so excited. I snuck in and took this picture well after midnight when she had finally gone to sleep.

No comments: