Friday, February 12, 2010

California Rewind: Legoland

Daddy really wanted to go to Lego land this trip. To his surprise, I had obtained some free tickets (thanks to my good friend Christina), so we decided that today was the best day to go.

We started off in the Lego land aquarium. I know what you are thinking...Lego land has an aquarium?? Yup. It wasn't the best that I had seen, but Hannah and Hailey sure liked looking at the fish, and that is all that mattered. Hannah particularly liked looking at the stingray tank. They would swim by, and she would jump back with a "Yikes" shout.
She also liked the "Nemo Bubble" as she called it. What a neat little tank this was. With a bubble in the middle where kids can crawl into and stick their heads in...it quickly became the favorite.
After the aquarium, Daddy and Hannah went on a few rides, while Hailey and I walked around. Fine by me...I prefer the bigger, more thrilling rides. The ones that Daddy doesn't like. He can have the little dinky rides. I'll take my teenage girls to Magic Mountain for some REAL rides. LOL.
At one point, I had to stop to change a dirty diaper. When I finished, and went to look for Daddy and Hannah, I was shocked to find them at the face painting stand. We had walked past it earlier and Daddy had looked at me and said "absolutely not". But here he was, standing and watching Hannah get all painted up in the "queen of hearts" design. She loved every minute of it.

Almost done...
Just a few finishing touches...and...
Voila! I'm the queen of hearts!
More walking around, and we found Mr. Thomas the Train. Hannah has recently developed a love for this guy, and was more than happy to stand next to him for a picture.
And then, as if the heavens opened and a choir of angels started singing...we turned a corner and found this...
Hannah was beside herself with excitement. She grabbed Daddy's hand and raced toward the line. She waited ever so patiently until it was her turn. She was one of the first ones through the gate on her turn, and...oh...shocker...she ran to the red "Daddy Car".
These little cars were awesome. They had gas pedals that the kids had to push to make it go, and wheels to turn. It was a little hard for Hannah to figure out. She did pretty good driving on the straight parts, but when it came time to turn the corner...
She needed a little help. :)
At the end, she proudly displayed her drivers' license. Keep dreaming kid. You have at least 12 more years to go before you get behind the wheel of a real car. :)

No comments: