Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mornings...Getz Style

omg...Hazel hates her carseat. Seriously hates it. She can be sound asleep in my arms, and I can transfer her so carefully. But the minute her precious little bottom touches the fancypants Graco snugride 32 w/ "GracoPedic Luxury Foam", she freaks. She can be soothed for only moments at a time. Funny faces and soft gentle talk lasts for merely a moment as she goes from screaming mad, to "oh mom, I love you so much *smile*" to "OMG! I can't believe you put me in here! WAAAA!". A drop of Ovol, just in case she has a gas bubble, "hmm, that tastes good...WAAA!" Pick her up and it is those little shudder/sighs of relief. Oh Mom, you do love me. *sigh*

Often in the mornings, I just set her in the carseat and attach it to the stroller so that I can walk Hannah to school. No harm in that right? She can watch me as I make faces at her, look around, see the sky, hear the birds...who wouldn't like that? Oh ya. HAZEL. Seriously, the whole neighborhood, the whole school must think that I have Hazel resting on a bed of needles. Her screams are awful.

It is typically those mornings that my spunky Hailey decides she doesn't want big sister Hannah to help her put her coat on. My sweet Hailey, who instead of bounding out the door to pick dandelions and find lady bugs, crumples to a heap of crying toddler on the floor, refusing to extend a limb for shoes or coat or whatever until Mommy stops fussing over the screaming Hazel and does it all for Hailey.

And not to be left out in the morning misery, Hannah - super sensitive sweet, wears her heart on her sleeve, Hannah - lets go of huge crocodile tears from the reservoir behind her big beautiful brown eyes. She just wants to help. She doesn't understand why Hailey won't let her be the big sister and help Mommy with getting everyone out the door.

Holding back tears myself, I stuff Hazel into her Moby wrap, dress Hailey & tell her to be nice to Hannah, and console Hannah with a big mommy/Hazel hug. We step out the door into the cool wind and gentle tears from the sky and begin our adventures of the new day.

*picture was taken after we got home from taking Hannah to school...Hazel had finally fallen asleep in the wrap, and I finally got to have my morning coffee. *whew*

No comments: