Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Citizenship Test...

Was a joke. I'm sorry. I don't mean to harp on a government and their test. But you know, you apply for citizenship, and they send this 30 page book for you to study, tell you to know all of your government representatives, and then ask you questions like:

What color is the Canadian flag? (oh oh!! I know this one! Purple!)
What mountain range runs between British Columbia & Alberta? (Um...the Rocky Mountains?)
What country borders Canada to the south? (oh my...are you serious?)

It really makes one wonder about how badly the Canadian government wants new citizens to tax.

So, based on the 20 *extremely* difficult questions on this citizenship test, and given the fact that I was the first one finished (in under 5 minutes)...I think I nailed it. Unfortunately, I have to wait 3-4 months for a letter to come in the mail to tell me if I have passed or failed.

I have also decided that WHEN I get my letter saying I have passed the exam and need to appear in front of a judge to swear my allegiance to the Queen...I will wear the following:

* A t-shirt that says "Canadian Chicks Rock"
* And a beaver hat

Now, if I could convince my husband that he really DOES know me, and to take pictures of the festivities....I would be terribly happy.

No comments: