Inspired by my
friend, and in desperate need of a project for an upcoming 6-hour drive (each way) to Saskatchewan, I have decided to make some sock bunnies for Easter. Hannah is my creative advisor, choosing everything from the sock color, beads for eyes, thread for sewing,
puffs for tails etc. This has been so much fun, and I can't wait to make more! We went to the sock store, and we found some really soft, fuzzy, Vitamin E socks on sale. I bought 6 pair - enough for 12 bunnies. I have made 4 bunnies so far. Each takes about an hour of hand stitching (it would go faster on the machine, but where is the fun in that?).
Hannah has given me the names of several special people, and told me specifically which sock goes to each person. Be forewarned...you may be "Easter
Bunnied" in the coming weeks!
Hannah with the first batch of bunnies.
All my little bunnies sitting on a step.

And taking a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment