Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Disneyland - part 1

Finally, an update. :) Hannah had so much fun at Disneyland. She had been marking off days on the calendar for 3 months, counting down the days until she got to see Nemo and "Daddy Car".


The day came and she was overjoyed. Here she is standing in line for the Finding Nemo ride (the old yellow submarine ride) at Disneyland. CHEESE! At first, the ride was awesome. Woah!

But by the end, she wasn't too thrilled with the ride. The sharks came a little too close to the submarine and scared her. This was near the end of the ride...clearly unimpressed.
We went to Autopia next. Hannah wanted to ride with Nana, and Nana let her drive. You can barely see her little head poking over the steering wheel. I love how there are two cars lined up right behind her. Nana wasn't making the car go fast enough I guess. :)
Riding the jungle safari boat ride with Daddy. She is squinting because the elephants were squirting water at the boat.
Riding with Nana & Papa.
Day 2 and she has her mouse ears! Disney finally got smart and now offers a "create your own ears" section. You pick the cap, the ears, and any embellishments that you want. Hannah walked in and went straight for the fuzzy pink cap (while Daddy whispered, "not the fuzzy pink, not the fuzzy pink" in the background), then she found the fireworks ears, and of course, the "daddy car" patch on the front. It suits her personality perfectly.
On the teacups. She wanted to ride in a blue teacup. Good thing there were a few to choose from.
Nana, Papa & Uncle Charlie. Nana knew she was in trouble when Papa & Uncle Charlie grabbed the wheel. Look at Papa's face, and his hair blowing sideways! Spin Spin Spin.
The ears from behind.
Getting on the Dumbo ride with Nana. I think Nana was Hannah's favorite ride buddy.
Waving from up high.
There is a funny story behind this picture. Hannah was so excited to see Mater & Daddy Car. She wanted to take a picture with them too. So, I walk her up between the cars, and step back to take a picture, and Hannah made a B-line for the exit. She ran so fast out of the picture area, that I couldn't catch her. I don't know why she got scared/upset. The best part is that Daddy got it all on video! Papa convinced her to go back and to take another picture. Thank goodness. Too bad she didn't smile like I know she wanted to.Papa and Hannah after the cars incident. Too bad Papa didn't have a pair of ears on too. It would have been too cute.
We met up with our good friends at California Adventure, to go play in the Bug Land. Hannah and Mr. C held hands, and it was so cute.
I had to take a picture of their shadows. Melt my heart.
It was quite warm, so we decided to let the kids play in a water park. Hannah got pretty wet. Mr. C avoided getting wet by the hair on his chinny chin chin. Look out Mr. C! Here it comes!
Wheee! Look at the water!
After the kids went home, Daddy and I decided to have a little bit of fun. We hopped into the Buzz lightyear ride to see who was the best Space Ranger. Clearly....I was. :) I love how the two of us are eyeing our targets! hehe.
More pictures to come, courtesy of my friend L!

No comments: