Tuesday, April 28, 2009

RIP Canon 30D

My one major disappointment during the trip to California, was that my beloved Canon 30D SLR camera decided to kick the bucket. -Error 99- a shutter curtain malfunction prevented me from capturing images at a good friends' babyshower, from the playdate, and from the wedding. I have to send it in to be repaired, and I am fearful of what the cost will be. I suppose I should count my blessings though, because while I fretted about my fallen sidekick, my husband was at home making sure I had a replacement - one that I have been drooling over since its' release almost 6 months ago.

Enter the new Canon 5D Mark II - (insert "Tim Allen Tool Time Grunt" here). It boasts an astounding 21.1 megapixels and a full frame sensor. Sorry for the geek talk. Basically, the images are bigger, better, and higher quality. Woo Hoo!

Anyways, all of this chatter and what I really wanted to say is a great big THANKS to my friends for being there with their rusty trusty cameras to take pictures when I was unable to.

No comments: