We walked to the dentist because it was a nice day outside, and because the office is so close. (With snow threatening to dump on us in the next couple of days, I figured a little outside time couldn't hurt). When we got to the dentist, I set Hannah up with the few toys that she chose to bring with her.
Of course, Daddy cars were on the "to bring" list, and so was a large coloring page (Cars, of course). She immediately laid down on the floor and started to color.
I was called in for my exam first. Hannah came with me so that she could see what was going to happen. (no pictures of this, sorry). Hannah sat on my lap and watched the dental hygienist clean my teeth the whole time. She was so good. She kept saying "Dentist, pick..pick..pick Mommy yucky bugs". So attentive.After I was finished, we went back to the waiting room and waited for Hannah's name to be called. I was surprised that Hannah ran after the hygienist as she led her back to "Hannah's special chair". Hannah climbed right in and made herself at home. The hygienist gave her some special red sunglasses to wear so that the bright light wasn't too bright for her little eyes. And, she had a special "bear bib" paper towel, which was much more special than Mommy's plain blue one. Nana's purple bunny had the special place of honor in the special chair with Hannah.
Cheese.
Waiting as the dentist leaned her chair back.
Still waiting, and not crying. So far, so good.
And then the dentist started to count Hannah's teeth. She even asked Hannah if she could "pick...pick...pick" the yucky bugs off of her teeth. (I thought it was awesome that the Dentist said the exact same thing that I have been saying for a few weeks...without having discussed it with me at all. She was awesome!) Hannah said yes, and away she went. Good girl!!!
More picking. Hannah didn't fuss. She just watched the TV on the wall, and sat there patiently while the dentist did her thing.Mommy - perfectly clean teeth. A little plaque in the hard to reach places, but other than that, I got a gold star! The hygienist couldn't stop praising my good oral hygiene.
Hannah - good teeth, some plaque build up on the bottom teeth and some decalcification on a few others. More calcium (especially milk) in her diet. But otherwise, great teeth for a 2 year old.
Daddy - Good teeth, but had a cavity & has to go back. Michael is a little nervous because this cavity had no outward appearance, and was only detected via x-ray. This is the same kind of cavity that led to his root canal last year. Hopefully this one won't have the same end result...we are keeping our fingers crossed.


No comments:
Post a Comment