Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there (including my own). Hannah and I spent the day with my in-laws, while Michael spent the better part of the day playing piano for Mother's Day Brunch at a local hotel. I'm pretty sure Michael didn't get to eat until after he got home, but Hannah and I had a wonderful brunch, planned and executed by my talanted "kitchen-ista" sister(in-law), Joanne.

After breakfast, we cleaned up and packed up to go golfing (and of course, like a lame-0, I left my good camera at home. Sorry for the cell-phone images again). I have been "real" golfing only twice in my lifetime, both times since moving up to Canada. This was Hannah's second time golfing, but first time on a full sized course. Click here to see her first golfing experience.

We golfed the first 9 holes at the Miqulan Lake course, which I am told is shorter than the back 9. I'm going to take their word for it. Hannah golfed the first hole...the whole way from where you tee off, all the way to the flag, with her little plastic golf club & ball. I was impressed.

FORE!
She golfed a good part of the first 4 holes, and then started to get tired (and grumpy) from all the walking.

Kicking the ball into the cup.

Pouting because we asked her to do it again with her golf club for the cell-phone camera.

That is when riding in the golf cart started to get really fun. Especially because Grandma let her drive.
And when the golf cart got boring, Grandpa introduced her to riding on his golf clubs. Wheee.
We finished the 9 holes and headed back home, where Michael was waiting for us. I helped Joanne fix dinner, spinach & strawberry salad, grilled salmon, asparagus and cubed potatoes w/ rosemary. Hannah went straight to the sand box to play and Michael helped himself to a beer and a patio chair, which resulted in a lazy sunday afternoon nap.
I would say it was a pretty good Mother's Day. Oh! Gifts. I forgot. Michael and I purchased tickets for Grandma, Grandpa, Hannah, and the two of us to go see The Lion King on stage at our local theater. The show isn't until August 2 (so stay tuned). We figure that by then, Hannah will be old enough to sit through a theater production. I can't wait. Betty gave me some money to use as I would like. I think I will be using it to purchase garden veggie plants for our garden. :) Oh, I can't wait for garden veggies!

No comments: