Friday, May 8, 2009

New Bug Net & Visiting "Lucy Goosy"

I bought Hannah a bug net at the dollar store the other day. We decided to take it out on our walk that night after dinner. She was so excited about catching bugs...but I didn't have the heart to tell her that most of the good bugs weren't quite awake from their winter slumber yet. Regardless, she brought her net along and played with it the whole way to the pond.

See? My bug net. See?
Here I am, about to catch some bugs. The reeds at the pond are still really brown. New green shoots haven't grown in yet. I can't wait until that happens.
Swish swish swish...on the weeds to catch bugs.
I love shadows.
On our way back to the house, we ran across "Lucy Goosy". Lucy is a lone goose...so sad as Canada Geese are most often found in pairs. Lucy is quite the patient and kind goose too. She (he...who knows) doesn't fit into the typical goose stereotype of being mean, hissy and bitey. Lucy, if you are patient and quiet enough, will eat right out of your hand, and Hannah loves it. Today, Lucy kept her distance, but that is because there were quite a few people out walking around.
Munch munch munch.
We bring Lucy some "scratch" (bird food) that we buy at the local bird store. Hannah and I visit this store regularly because feeding ducks and geese at home and at Hawrelak Park is one of our favorite past times. "Scratch" is about .98 cents a pound, which is awesome because $5.00 will feed the birds for a month or so. An inexpensive form of entertainment, and we aren't filling the bird's bellies with bread.
Lucy is snacking on some "scratch" that Hannah poured on the ground for her.
Last night, Hannah and I walked to the pond to feed Lucy, and she wasn't there. Hannah was so sad. I told her that Lucy was sleeping and that she would be back tomorrow (today). We are about to go to the pond to feed her. I hope she is there this time, or I will have to come up with another story.

Walking home from the pond that night, I took another shadow shot. This time of the family. Granted, I look like a fat cow, but that is for 3 reasons: 1) I am a fat cow, 2) I am wearing a bulky sweater and and 3) I was carrying Hannah's sweater under my right arm...and I'm taking a picture. Not the easiest thing to make yourself look skinny and take a picture. LOL.

No comments: