Monday, May 25, 2009

*sigh* She's Growing Up

Where has the time gone? My parents warned me about this. I didn't believe them. She's growing up so fast, and her unique Hannah-language is changing too. Today, I overheard a conversation with Daddy that made me laugh, and then cry.

Daddy: "Hannah, what is on your dress? Are those 'Flowees?'"
Hannah: "No, Daddy. Flow-ERS"
Daddy: "Are you sure those aren't 'Flowees?'"
Hannah: (audible sigh - she would probably roll her eyes if she knew how) "Flow-ERS, Daddy. Flow-ERS on my bress (aka: dress)"
Daddy: "Awe, won't you say "Flowees", just once? For Daddy?"
Hannah: "No. Flow-ERS, Daddy, Flow-ERS".

This conversation went on for about 5 minutes as Daddy teased her about "Flowees" and she corrected him with "Flow-ERS". I laughed at Daddy's persistant teasing. It reminds me of my father teasing me. But then as I thought about it, I started to get sad. Time to add "Flowees" to the pile of Hannah-lingo from days-past.

"Sammy" is now "seven"
"Cow-dee" is now "Color"
"Flowees" is now "Flow-ERS"

There are more, and there will be many more to come.

Oh, I can't believe how quickly she is growing up.

No comments: