Friday, November 28, 2008

Ho Ho Hooooo Child...

This is Hannah with Santa last year. Just 14 months old, not sure of who was holding her, but not freaking out...


And then she was 2.

I took Hannah to see Santa today. I should have taken a hint when I asked her this morning if she wanted to see Santa, and she replied, "No. Don't want Santa". Instead of listening to her, I forged ahead, dressed her in her new pretty dress, packed lots of M&M's & candy canes (aka bribery) and drove off to the mall to meet Santa. I called one of Hannah's friends (aka my friend too) and they met us at the mall. Ahh the comfort of a good friend. We stood in line telling the girls how good they were being, how Santa loved to give hugs, and how he had a present for good girls. Our turn finally came and I whispered to Hannah that she could have the above mentioned treats if she sat on Santa's lap and said "cheese" for the camera. *sigh* Here is what happened.


No...Santa didn't push her. No...she isn't taking a nap. That, my dear ones, is a full on freak out. Yes, I did pay for this picture, only because I wasn't allowed to take pictures myself. I actually had to *ask* the elf lady to take this picture, and she seemed shocked that I would ask it. I wanted it for blackmail...for wedding slideshows...for baby showers. This picture, folks, is mine...all mine. *wink wink* It will be tucked away for years, only to be pulled out at the most opportune moment, when the greatest impact will be made. mwah ah ah :)

Just in case you are wondering, I did manage to calm her down (it took one of my prized sugar free candy canes). And yes, I did manange to get a good smiley picture of Hannah with Santa...and yours truly (sans combed hair and makeup). No, I was not expecting, nor did I want to have my picture taken with Santa, but in the name of Happy Hannah, I took one for the team.
At least Santa looked awesome!

No comments: