Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Playdate + Paint = Toddler Mayhem

Hannah and I were stuck without the car today, so we decided to make a little fun of our own. Given that it is getting colder and colder outside, we are forced to come up with more creative things to do inside where it is warm.

We started early this morning, after Daddy left for work, by busting out the Christmas decorations and "Decking the Halls". Most of my American friends and family will probably be shocked as Christmas decorating typically doesn't start until after Thanksgiving (Nov 27th), but since we have Thanksgiving in October in Canada...well...all the more reason to get festive a little early.

At lunch, some of our friends came over to play. Mom, Amanda and her twin boys Ethan & Zak (don't ask me to tell them apart) had lunch with us, and played a little with Hannah's toys before we ventured upstairs to my studio, where the fun was really going to happen. I have done maternity sessions before where a toddler will paint mommy's tummy (oh I can't wait to do this w/ Hannah!), and the kids love it. Hannah loves to paint (ahem...herself) so I knew it would be a hit with her. Amanda kept asking if I was sure I wanted to do this with 3 toddlers, but I was...and I am glad I was. The pictures turned out AMAZING! What a fun bunch of kiddos this was.

In the beginnning...they were all clean.
And then came the paint. (I do know here that Ethan is the one on the left w/ Santa Hat, Zak is in the middle & Hannah is on the right. After the hats disappear, I only know which one Hannah is.)
Wow, she is actually painting the paper!
But it didn't take long before she decided she needed some red toenails.
And a red tummy.
A REALLY red tummy.
And it wasn't long before the boys joined in too.
And red arms...
They were so good at painting the paper. :) So cute! I LOVE the spiderman underwear hanging out.
Keep painting Hannah. I think you missed a spot.
Really red toes.
There is still room for more paint!
I love this shot! It is so colorful. If only she would smile! She is soooo serious when she paints.
At this point, the boys had made it clear that they were done painting. Hannah had the whole studio to herself and she loved it.
My friend Amanda came in and started tickling Hannah. Thank you Amanda. I finally have some pictures w/ smiles!
Who me? Messy? Nooooo

All clean. Can I please hold your hand?
Thanks Amanda, Ethan & Zak for coming over to play with us! It was so much fun watching you get messy and be silly! Let's do it again soon!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What an awesome day! :D Hannah is soooo stinking cute!

essie said...

awesome! those are great pictures!! i see some potential christmas card photos in the mix! ;)