At the ultrasound today, the tech was unable to find a heartbeat. She called in a doctor on staff and he explained all the details of miscarriage to me. And then the tech sat down with me, held my hand and showed me the images she had captured of our baby. She showed me where the heart should have been. It was still. She said that the baby had grown to approximately 8 weeks gestation, and that she guessed that the baby likely passed earlier today, or even the day before, but she couldn't be sure.
My volunteer work with Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep has done a lot in the way of preparing me for this kind of situation. Granted, I never imagined I would be on this side of it. There are many quotes that the photographers use to comfort grieving parents, many of which I have myself found comforting. I will leave you with those quotes...as I have nothing more to say.
* * *
Other things may change us, but we start and end with family - Anthony Brandt
There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings. - Hodding Carter, Jr.
Dearest Baby, May you know, our greatest blessing was having you.
and my favorite...
Dear God,
Since I was unable to hold my baby on my lap and tell her about you,
Will you please hold her on your lap, and tell her about me?

6 comments:
There are no words to express the grief and sorrow I feel for you. If you need a shoulder, I am here for you. Unfortunately, I know first hand how you are feeling as I have been through it three times. I am so very sorry. All my love and support. Marsha
Carlin,
I have no words either. I am so sorry and will be thinking about and praying for you and your sweet family.
My dear sweet friend, that I've never met but have not distance between us because you are close to my heart. Know that this day I share your burden and cry with you and when the day come I will rejoice and laugh with you again.
Love you
Michelle
I am so very sorry mama... I'll be releasing a balloon for your angel.
My tears, my thoughts, and my prayers for you and your angel, Carlin. I am so very sorry for your loss and wish I could be there in person to help you through it.
(((((((((((Carlin))))))))))))
Been there, done that. It sucks. I'd come give you a hug in person if i wasn't afraid of losing myself in the vortex of your neighbourhood...
Post a Comment