Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tea Party

Hannah really enjoys tea parties. She loves to play hostess and have you (anyone really) sit at her little table. She will serve you meals, imaginary and real, and see that you don't leave hungry. (That's my girl!). Tonight, Daddy came home late from work. We had already eaten dinner. He dished up a plate of supper, and went to sit at the big kitchen table when Hannah intercepted him, and insisted (with amazing politeness) that he sit at her little table. How can a Daddy say no to that?

So he sat...and she went to work...Here, while he is trying to eat, she is putting on a special scarf...one that only special guests to her special table are allowed to wear.
And here, she is tying it tight. (LOL). I love how she is wearing her gymnastics leotard w/ her ballet skirt. She was all dolled up that day, and was in the mood to play.
I was only able to snap these two pictures before Michael realized what I was doing, and proceeded to threaten me (with a smile of course) that these pictures were never to be posted on the blog. To that I say, My blog, My rules! :P Some people have time to make amazing scrapbooks. I wish I had time. My blog is my scrapbook...one that I have printed in triplicate through blurb every year. You can't tell me not to post a picture here, because to me it is a memory, one that will be forever lost on a terabyte hard drive if it is not posted.
I love catching these little moments of Daddy-Daughter playtime. He truly enjoys Hannah at this age, with her imagination, creativity and desire to learn. Yet, Michael seems embarrassed by his moments of play when I catch it on camera. I wonder why that is. Hopefully it will be something that will subside as I continue to catch them on camera. Moments become memories. I want to catch them all so that I can remember them all. They are too easily forgotten otherwise.

No comments: