Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mama's Got A Brand New Doo

I'll be the first to admit that I don't make it to the hair salon to get my hair done very often. Sure, I wouldn't mind going every 3 or 4 months to get it trimmed or styled or colored, but that costs money...something we don't have a lot of right now. So when I do go, it is kind of a big deal. For Christmas, Michael and the girls gave me a pretty nice gift certificate to my favorite salon in town. I had not used it yet as I was saving it so I could get my hair done before our vacation at the end of May...but Michael looked at me the other day and said, "So, have you used your gift certificate yet? No? Well you should go. You are starting to look hippie-ish". Nice. I know my hair was getting long, and it was not styled, but it tied back so nicely, and when I needed it to, would style up nicely as well. When I told him this, he simply said, "You are Mike Getz's wife. You need to look good". ooookay. So off to the salon I went.

I gave the stylist my head, and said...do with it as you wish. However, I must tell you that my husband has sent me in with two rules. 1) no pink stripes (darn it! I have always wanted a pink stripe!...NOT) and 2) bald chicks are gross (except when a chick is bald because she has/had cancer...then they aren't gross - his words...not mine). The hair sylist laughed and said okay. She asked for my glasses, turned me around so I couldn't see myself in the mirror (as if I could see past my nose anyways), and she went to town.

I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome...but was unpleasantly surprised with the amount of maintenance it requires. Something I just don't have time for. And...something I had to go out and buy...a flat iron. But, once it is done, it looks great.

Without further ado...I give you...my new head. (sorry...no before pictures).



No comments: