Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Haircut *sob*

Hannah and I are in California for two weeks. Mom and Dad were supposed to come up to Canada to visit us, but plans were changed when Mom went in for emergency gallbladder removal last week. It has been a long week for her, with several trips back to emergency and now this latest stay in the hospital. However, we were given good news today, that she finally seems to be on the mend. We are anticipating her return home for Thursday or Friday this week.

Hannah and I spent some with with Barbara and Jacob today. Jacob had a haircut appointment today before we were to go to a playdate, so Hannah and I tagged along (we needed a carseat and Barb was willing to adjust Addie's seat so that we could all ride together - awwwe thanks Barb!). This little haircut place was wonderful. It had a little play area for kids waiting for or not getting a haircut. Hannah loved the castle & slide there. Barb took this picture from behind some plants - Hannah saw her, said "Hey!" and flashed this great smile.

In watching Jacob get his hair cut by an awesome AWESOME guy named Jacob, the thought crossed my mind that maybe it was time for Hannah to have her first cut - at 2 years old. Her hair has grown in nicely. It has a nice shape, and is starting to curl a little at the back of her neck, but her hair is always in her face. Daddy has been bugging me for months to get it cut, and like a Mom, I have held out, thinking someday she would let me put "pretties" in it. In reality, the "pretty" theory just wasn't working out. I flipped through some books and found a cut I actually liked. I showed it to Jason and he said, sure. Awesome. Here is Hannah's before picture...taken by Barb.
And here is a picture of me crying...because my baby is getting her first haircut.

I ran to the car to get my camera, (and I promise those pictures will be posted within a day or so) but Barb kept snapping away, and I am glad she did. This one is of me giving Hannah a sucker to keep her calm. She really wasn't impressed with getting her hair cut.

Jason working his magic (with secret weapons: sucker & Monsters Inc.)

Mommy sitting in the horse chair w/ Hannah happily sucking away on her treat. Note my camera in my right hand. I promise. I did take pictures.

And you are just going to have to wait for my next post in order to see Hannah's after-shot. Sorry. :)
Thanks to Barbara for taking pictures with her camera and to Jason for being so patient with my little sucker sucking monster.

No comments: