Here is how they look in the picture:

Pretty darn cute huh? Well, these little buggers were easy enough to make, just super time consuming. And being in Canada, I was missing a vital component (circus peanut candies). They are not sold anywhere in the city. Seriously. So I had to improvise. I used semi-melted tootsie rolls and molded them into a peanut like shape.
Here are how my cupcakes turned out. Not as cute, but still pretty darn cute.
How many horses can you fit on one shelf in your fridge?? There are 24 here.
Sorry for the hand in the picture. I will take better pictures tomorrow. I just wanted to take a picture of them in the fridge...I guess you could say I am patting myself on the back. :)
Anyways, it is now 2:45am. I stayed up way too late to finish these guys. Must get some sleep so that I am able to entertain 7 kids and their parental units tomorrow. One last thought before I sign off...after completing these horses, I have decided that next year, Hannah will be lucky if she gets a Costco cake.

2 comments:
Carlin,
First of all, the horsies are absolutely adorable and good for you to think of the tootsie rolls! I am beginning to understand your dilemma since there are many things that I am used to having at my finger tips that I definately don't have in Japan!! I had to laugh out loud about your comment about the Costco cake. The things we do! Ask Erika about the princess doll cake that I made for her. She doesn't know it, but it took me hours to decorate it. Every year I say I'm going to buy a cake, but every year I wind up making one--much to their delight (and mine!) I cannot believe she is 2! I sure wish I didn't have to miss out on these wonderful milestones, but your pictures help make me feel as if I could be there.
Love and hugs! Marsha
Nice horsies! And, we have 4 kids. We make a boxed cake and I ice with with my famous homemade chocolate butter icing. I figure no one east the cake anyways, but I put it on a cake because I think it'd look silly handing out spoonsfuls of frosting at a party.
Post a Comment