Hannah,
You are two today. I can't believe it. Where did the time go? Nevermind, I know where it went. It went to that secret place in my heart, where all the precious memories that I share with you go, once their special moment has passed. It went to my computer hard drive, where all the pictures I have taken of you get stored, so I will never forget each and every little stage you have entered and grown out of. It went to the sea, carried away on tears of joy and sadness that I have cried as I remembered you as a newborn, and dreamed of you growing into a beautiful woman and mother in the years to come.
Just Hours Old 
Your Birth Announcement Picture

You are an amazing, charming, beautiful, FUNNY, loving and on occasion, challenging child, and I adore every aspect of you, not matter how wonderful or frustrating. You are the perfect first child for your Daddy and I, and I wouldn't...couldn't have picked a more perfect match for us. God knew what he was doing when he made you, weaving you into a complex fabric, long before you grew into it, making sure to throw in a few knots, colors and textures to keep Daddy and I on our toes.
First Birthday Pictures



Today, as Daddy and I celebrate the day you joined us and changed our world, we can't help but look back at the last two years and smile. You have brought so much joy into our lives, and for that, we thank you. I hope and pray that this next year brings you more love, more friends, more experiences, more memories and more laughter than ever before. I will be there with my camera in hand, a smile on my face and (most likely) tears in my eyes in anticipation of sharing more special moments with you...moments that fly by faster than a hummingbird beats its wings...moments that will forever be locked away in the secret place of my heart.
2 Years Old...and sooo grown up.




I love you, Hannah.

No comments:
Post a Comment