Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jasper update

Jasper came home at midnight on Monday morning. He was drugged, stinky and a very unhappy kitty. After some love, new food, and R&R in the laundry room, he started to shake off his vet induced stuper and began to act like normal...until Thursday morning. He threw up a little, wasn't peeing and started looking like he was in pain. So, I phoned the emergency clinic and asked what they thought. They said he just needed some new medication. So at 3am, I went to pick up some new meds for Jasper. By morning he didn't appear any better, and to my surprise, his regular vet phoned to let us know that the emergency clinic had contacted them to inform that I had been in to pick up more meds for him that morning. Awesome customer service, by the way. We ended up taking Jasper in for a check up on Thursday. I had the vet take him into the back as I had Hannah with me, and she did not need to be exposed to his nasty side. The vet came out saying that he was fine, that his little boy parts were probably sore from the catheter and crystals, and to continue on the new food/medication path for the next week.

Great. So $100 to tell me that my cat has a sore willy. Well, okay, they did do a urinalysis just to see if there were any more crystals in his urine (which there wasn't).

Ironically, Michael mentioned to me that we should get some pet insurance for Jasper. I laughed out loud. I had mentioned that to him when we first got Jasper, and he thought I was insane. I then told him that I had looked into it, and like with people insurance, if you have a pre existing condition, you cannot be insured for anything relating to that condition. Nice. So it would be useless for Jasper. Oh well.

Jasper's adventures continue for now. :)

No comments: