Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Unofficial 2nd Birthday

We had Hannah's unofficial 2nd birthday party today. I say unofficial, because today isn't her birthday. (stay tuned for the official post in 2 days). As you saw from my previous post, I stayed up late last night to make 24 horse cupcakes. Well they were a hit!

The tower of horse-cakes. I had to take them out of the fridge to warm up a little. No one likes cold cupcakes. So I put them on the dining room table to take some pictures...

When Little Miss Birthday Girl saw them, and climbed up to the big table to get a closer look.

I had to keep pushing them away from her because she would climb further and further on to the table.

And then when I couldn't push them away any farther, she started to "pretend" to take bites out of the horses. Now keep in mind that she did not see me putting these together. She had no idea that I was making horse cupcakes (at least I don't think she knew about it). Yet, she knew right away that they were for eating. Being silly, trying to get at a better angle to bite a horse.
I saved the horses from mis Hannah, and directed her toward gift opening. A distraction while we were waiting for our last guests to arrive.
The Parent's Kitty piano was a hit (Thanks R&M&K&S)
A picture of the birthday chaos. It was fun.
We also had a little "fish pond". My mother-in-law (lovely woman she is) volunteered to help out with the party, and was the official "fish pond" prize catcher. The kids loved pulling on the fishing rod, and finding out there was a present at the end.
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Hannah,
Happy Birthday to you. Now blow out your candles (she did it all by herself - even though daddy's face would indicate otherwise) She loves blowing out candles.
Then after cupcakes, we had a Daddy dance session in the piano room. All of the girls loved this. Thanks Daddy. You totally rock!
Michael was asleep on the couch barely five minutes after everyone left. Yet it was Hannah who was rubbing her eyes long before the party was over. Somehow, the little stinker managed to stay awake for another 45 minutes. I'm sure it was because there were so many new toys. After a long nap, we had dinner, just the three of us, and it was wonderful. And after dinner, I got another horse cupcake out of the fridge, stuck two candles in it, and we sang Happy Birthday over and over until she was ready to eat the cake. It was maybe 5 times...and I got it all on camera. (Thanks to fellow blogger Linds for this idea).

Devouring the horse cupcake. Making a cupcake mess fishey face.
I love my little monkey. Happy unofficial birthday, Hannah.

No comments: