On the first day that we were here (July 1), Michael surprised me with a several hour treatment at the Jasper Park Lodge day-spa. It was sooo nice to get a massage, manicure & pedicure...and his gift was appreciated more than he will ever know. Of course, everything that was "fixed" during the massage, was un-fixed afterward...because we went up the gondola to the top of Whistler Mountain, and hiked up and down the 1.2 km (each way) trail to the summit. Whew the air gets thin up there. Hannah, was a little trooper, and walked the entire way up and down holding Daddy's hand. I'm so impressed with her. And, because I know there are some people who wouldn't believe that she did it...here is proof!
Almost to the top! The little green house at the bottom of the hill is the stopping point for the gondola. We are pretty high up there!
And just in case you didn't think that I could drag my pregnant behind up that hill (because in truth, I was going to give up at the halfway point)...here is my evidence.
This morning, we woke up bright and early and went to Maligne Lake, and rode a boat out to "Spirit Island". Michael has wanted me to capture a good picture of this island since our first trip out there years ago. He wants me to do some fun photoshop work with it so that we can put it on canvas and hang it on the wall. I'm game. So, here's the starting image. I will update you as I progress with the "artifying" of it.
Taken from the boat dock, on the way off of Spirit Island.
After we left Maligne Lake, we came home, made lunch, and then rented a canoe to paddle around Pyramid Lake (right where we are staying). I packed Hannah's sandbox toys knowing that we would be playing in the dirt/sand somewhere, and I am glad that I did because she LOVED playing in the lake. First, I have to share a funny story before I post some beach pictures. We had Hannah sitting on the center bench in the canoe. As we paddled into shore (to beach the canoe so that we could get out without tipping over), we sped up some to gain momentum. However, we forgot to tell Hannah to hang on tight. As we hit the sand and came to a halt, Hannah went flying backward off of the center bench, and hit the bottom of the canoe. The life vest cushioned her fall, but didn't cushion her shock. With feet up in the air, she started crying. Michael and I were laughing (knowing that she didn't get hurt). The people on the shore were laughing, and poor little Hannah was crying. Ya...we won the "parent of the year" award for that one. We just wish we had a video camera turned on at that time. It would have been a priceless video that was guaranteed to show up at her wedding. LOL.
OK...now for pictures. LOVE this shot!
Wading waist deep into a freezing cold lake without even flinching. In fact, she went in further and further each time.
Hannah has figured out how to ignore my camera, with great success (and much to my dismay). But I did manage to get her to smile for one good picture. Isn't she cute?
After the beach, we came home, cleaned up and went out to dinner. We walked around Jasper looking in stores and climbing on benches. Poor Hannah was getting so tired though (no nap today). She kept tripping on her feet and falling to the ground, yet she would refuse to hold our hands. So we finally went to the car to head home at 7:30pm. She crashed not 5 minutes into the car ride, just a minute or two away from our hotel. She didn't wake when I took her out of her carseat, and she didn't wake when we changed her into her PJ's. Here is a picture of her sound asleep on her bed - 2 hours later. She hasn't moved once since we put her down. Comatose.
Tomorrow morning, we are heading out early for a 3.5 hour drive to "GrMama" & "GrPapa's" recreational property where we will be spending Fri & Sat night. We will come home on Monday. I will be editing pictures like a mad woman and getting them posted before we pack up again and leave for California on July 10. Have I ever mentioned how much I love to travel?? It sure beats staying at home!
Stay tuned! Lots of pictures to come.

1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a riot!
Post a Comment