Saturday, July 11, 2009

Visiting California - Beach Party

We arrived in San Diego late on the 10th of July, and are staying only for one day before we head out to Washington, DC. I was so thrilled that my close friends agreed to come to the beach for a beach party while my whole little family is in town. Michael isn't returning after our DC trip. (Someone has to make the money).

We went to Torrey Pines State Beach, a lovely beach with great sand and rolling waves. Hannah, of course, fell asleep in the car on the way, and slept for almost 45 minutes under the tarp after we arrived.
Missing out on all of the fun.
Little Madison & her mom & dad were the first to arrive. Madison's family had already spent the morning at another beach party, but that didn't stop her from diving right back into the ocean (holding Daddy's hand of course).
She would just giggle herself silly every time a wave would come up and splash her. This little girl is a true San Diegan! (really, she's laughing...hysterically laughing, not crying here)
Our other friends, Barb & Aaron Osborne (Jacob & Adrianna) showed up next, and it wasn't long before Aaron busted out the football.
This is one of my favorite pictures from the beach...Madison's sandy bum. :)
Adrianna saying "eeeeee" for the camera.
Jacob loved playing in the sand.
Madison's dad brought a bucket of clean water for the kids to wash their hands in, but Madison had other ideas for it. hehe.
Meanwhile, Hannah finally woke up and was playing hat games with Daddy.
I see you under there! I had Uncle Charlie bring his boogie board, as I thought the kids might enjoy some wake-rides...
but in the end, it was only the little dare-devil, Madison, who enjoyed riding the waves. :)
Hannah loved playing just at the waters edge.
Love the shadows in this picture. Uncle Charlie looks like a turtle.
Hannah, Madison & Jacob, playing in the water. These three have been buddies since they were babies. Madison is almost 6 months younger, but that doesn't slow her down at all.
LOL, I was taking this picture of Jacob, staring off in the distance, when hannah came running by. I'm pretty sure she is screaming and running away from the incoming wave. It just cracks me up though...my child has perfect timing.
Jacob would run into the waves and scoop up buckets of water and dump them on the dry sand. Hannah would follow closely behind and stomp on the dwindling puddles of water as Jacob headed back for more water. It was funny to watch.
Adrianna's feet in a heart.
Jacob loves helicopters. One flew over head and I caught him mid-scream. "HELICOPTER!!!"
Even as we started to pack up and get ready to leave...Madison was still in the water having the time of her life.
Thanks Osborne & Whitten families for coming to our little beach party. It was so much fun to watch the kids playing in the water. Let's definitely do this again the next time I am in town (although, March 2010 might be a little cold for a beach party!) Hmm, I may have to make another trip down later in the summer. :)

No comments: