After breakfast, we packed up a picnic lunch, hooked up the boat and drove to a nearby lake for some fishing fun.
Hannah driving the boat with Grandpa
Riding shotgun with Daddy.
It wasn't long before Grandma (the resident expert angler) caught herself a Jackfish. Hannah was very excited to see it splash around in the water.
Caught.
Grandma will probably get mad at me for this one, but I told her to kiss the fish, and she did. And I took a picture too. Sorry Grandma, my blog, my rules. I love this picture!
Grandpa trying to get the hook out of the fishes mouth. He swallowed it pretty far.
Taking a break from fishing for a hot-dog roast. Two thinkers...roasting wieners.
Picnic time.
We went back out on the lake to do more fishing, but it wasn't long before the clouds started to pour rain on us. Boo. Back to shore we went.
The rain was really just a sprinkle, and it wasn't enough to keep Hannah out of the water.
But it was enough to keep Daddy & Grandpa under the canopy of a nearby fir tree. You aren't going to melt, boys.
This beach didn't have nice sand like Pyramid lake did...but it did have some awesome toe squishing mud. It wasn't long though, before Hannah thought it would be funny to cover my leg in mud. Just what I always wanted, a mud bath.
After thoroughly coating my leg (I'll spare you the picture), she decided that her legs needed to be covered with mud too. LOL...these pictures are priceless. Thank goodness, she didn't decide to roll in the mud. Now that would require some major lake dunking to get her clean.
We finally got cleaned up and headed back to the rec-property. While Grandma and I were making dinner, Hannah and Daddy climbed into the hammock to sit back and relax. It was neat listening to them talk to each other. Hannah is finally at an age where she will hold a complete conversation (and then some) with you, and her stories are quite entertaining.It was dinner time, so I went to tell Daddy & Hannah to get washed up, when I saw Hannah sound asleep on Daddy's arm. I ran to get my camera (because every mom needs evidence), and when I came out, and was about to take the picture, Hannah's eyes snapped open and she started to laugh. The little weasel has figured out how to play "Possum". This picture is after she woke up. I love the laughter in it.


No comments:
Post a Comment