After another wonderful breakfast (pancakes! Thanks Grandpa!) we headed back out on the lake for more fishing. It was cooler today, but thankfully, no rain.Riding with Grandma.
The Loons were all over the place today. They were trumpeting, ducking under water, and flapping their wings. I loved this shot!
This lake had a bunch of water lilies all over the place. Made for another "can't resist" picture.
And again, it wasn't long before Grandma caught ANOTHER JackFish. Splash, Splash. She earned her bragging rights with this one, because she was the only one to catch a fish (let alone 2) during our two trips out into the water.
I LOVE this picture of Hannah as she smiles at the fish. I wish I could have leaned out of the boat a little further, but if I had, I would have gone swimming with my new camera - and that just isn't an option. Still, I LOVE this shot.
No pictures of Grandma kissing her fish today. Instead, I give you Grandpa w/ his measuring stick. Most lakes have specific requirements for catching fish. They need to be a certain length, (in this case 62 centimeters). Yesterdays fish was about 1cm too short, but we realized it after it was too late to revive the poor thing. So Grandpa cut himself a stick at just the right length (even though he has a bunch of nifty fish measuring tools) for ease of use. This one was about 4cm too short, and got to live for another day.Thanks to my husband for a wonderful few days in Jasper. I really enjoyed our little family vacation, just the 3 of us.
And thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for the fun at your recreational property. Hannah truly had fun on the boat watching all the fish get caught. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment