Friday, June 26, 2009

Big Girl Room - Another Update

I'm updating because the art on Hannah's walls is nearly done. I just have a few touch ups here and there. I glued the ladybugs on the walls last night so that they would have lots of drying time before my big ladybug found them and tried to play with them.

The next thing I need to do is buy the double curtain rod and bedroom furniture...then the room is ready to move in. :)

From the door. I painted a second coat of green on the grass, and it really pops now.
A side view of a wall. You can see how bumpy the ladybugs are. I love the added texture.
My artists corner. I did one of these in Hannah's nursery. I couldn't paint another room without making a special dedication corner. This time, instead of just Jasper, I have added "Daisy Puppy". I haven't done it yet, but I will be hand-painting some little dedication quote or saying. I'll take a picture when that is done. Just have to figure out what to write.
I let my little ladybug into the room to see what her little ladybugs were up to over night. She went straight for the walls and said "they climbing da brass (read: grass)".
She loves the ladybugs on her walls, and she loves her ladybug wings. I think this is the perfect room for her. I can't wait to really finish it!
Marsha, we received your little gift from Japan yesterday. Thank you so much for the book, "The Ladybug Girl", the doll, the finger puppets and your card. Hannah made me read "The Ladybug Girl" three times before bed last night. It was awesome. Totally prepped her for seeing her ladybugs on the wall this morning. :) Thank you for thinking of us.

No comments: