It is only June 3rd today, and I am beyond overwhelmed. Photography is starting to get into full swing, so keeping up with that and housework is a challenge to say the least. Hannah is more busy than ever, so sitting down to edit while she plays with toys is quickly becoming a thing of the past.
Hannah is growing by leaps and bounds. The sun dresses that dragged on the ground last fall, are almost to her knees. She sings songs all the time now, and even makes some up on her own...including the most fantastic "Mommy gonna Mow! Mommy gonna Mow!". She sang this while we were mowing the lawn at our rental property. It was awesome. :) Now if she would only sing it for the video camera (not happening any time soon).
Hannah's imagination is getting the better of her too. The past few nights, we have had to deal with an "alligator" in her bedroom that likes to "snap" at her. This makes for a long, drawn out, dramatic bedtime. I've tried so many different tactics in dealing with this darn alligator, and aside from making new boots w/ a matching belt...I'm out of ideas. What seems to be working is to spray "alligator repellent" (aka room spray) and to loudly shout "Shoo Alligator Shoo!" while clapping my hands and stomping my feet. Lord help me...I must look absolutely ridiculous.
Michael is working harder than ever. The School of Business has not loosened the hold it has on him just yet. I wish it would, as it would be nice to spend more time with him NOT worrying about something that is going wrong. He is making efforts toward that though, with the onset of dedicated family time once a month, and one week of around the house work time during the summer. Those little bits of time will go by too quickly though.
In closing, I leave you with this picture. Yes...my darling little Hannah is still in love with her "Daddy Car". I'm starting to think that a "Cars" themed 3rd birthday isn't too far fetched for her. Hmmm... I wonder how I will pull that one off.


No comments:
Post a Comment