Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Girl Room - In Progress

The big girl room is coming along, slowly, but surely. Last night, I finished painting the wainscoting - horray. Hannah loves to play in her big girl room, even though it isn't ready for her to move in yet.

I still need to paint grass (I think I am going to cheat with the grass...it is harder than I thought) and glue the little lady bugs all around the room. I also need to get a double curtain rod so that I can hang curtains and a valance...that will probably come after I finish painting. At some point (before November), we will get furniture, when I find *the* perfect set for her room. I have an Ikea leaf canopy (you can see it in the corner) just waiting for a bed to hang over. Hannah loves to sit under the canopy, but in order to do that, I have to sit and hold it...not as fun for me.

So, it will be a while before the room is completely finished, although I wish it were sooner rather than later. At present, there is an alligator in her other bedroom that scares her when she is asleep. I'm hoping that when she moves to the ladybug room, the alligator won't follow. Until then, I guess this room will just be a special play room for her.

Her favorite thing to do is to lay in the sunshine (like a kitty) and color.
This shot was taken w/ my wide angle lens. It makes the room seem more long and skinny, when it is actually a nearly perfect square.

1 comment:

Creations said...

The room is looking great. I'm sure she is going to love it :) I'm happy to see you taking so many pics and writing down all the details. You'll appreciate it soo much later when she is grown! Make sure at some point that you get these blogs printed and bound....then you'll have them forever...