Friday, May 14, 2010

Kitty Hall Monitor

I will often come into the computer room to do some work before everyone is awake. Because Jasper is "my" kitty, you can bet that he will be around somewhere. Depending on the time that I start at my computer, he is either sitting on my forearms as I type, purring lovingly at the fact that he has some quality "Mommy" time in before the kidlets wake up, or he is in the hallway at his post. I call this his post because at 6:30am, every morning, he leaves me (either from the bed, or from the computer desk where I am working) and sits here...listening...waiting...ever vigilant.
He is also waiting here to spring into action should I decide to go downstairs for coffee, because he knows that if he meows enough, I will feed him just to shut him up. But for the sake of this post, we are going to say that he is the ever-loyal-fur-face, looking out for the well being of my children.

I listen too, because I know that Hannah and Hailey will start waking soon. So does Jasper. I find myself peeking back at him when I hear noises. He serves as my kitty hall monitor. His ears, let me know when, in fact, someone is awake, and whether that person needs my attention.

Ironically, as I was typing this post, I peeked back and saw this:
The kitty hall monitor alarm has been set off! LOL. The baby is awake, and I need to stop playing my blog and go get her. :) Thanks Jasper.

Have a great Friday everyone!

No comments: