Today's post is, unfortunately, lacking what would have been some amazing pictures. Sadly, my hands were full, and my camera was not near by. :(
I had made some cookies to take over to our neighbor's house to share after our dinner date tonight. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies (Martha Stewart recipe no less) to be exact. I had baked them perfectly. Not over done. Not under done. 12 perfectly round absolutely beautiful cookies, all lined up neatly on a pretty plate, to take over and share.
I asked Michael if he could grab the baby's high chair, and the diaper bag and carry them next door, while I grabbed Hailey, her baby food dinner and...you guessed it...the plate of perfect cookies.
As I was walking toward the door, Little Miss Grabby-Hands reached out, and managed to snake one of the cookies off of the plate. Being so fresh out of the oven, the cookies were still really soft, the chocolate still gooey, and it just disintegrated into her little hand. She immediately brought that hand, full of peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip goodness straight to her little mouth. I couldn't drop her, and I couldn't drop the plate of cookies...so I yelled "HELP! The baby has a cookie!" to Michael.
He came running only to stop short and laugh at this little 6 month old, whose face and little left had were covered (and I mean covered) with melted chocolate. I shoved the plate of cookies into his hand and ran Hailey to the kitchen sink where I got as much of the cookie out of her mouth as possible and started to clean her up, all the while trying really hard not to freak out because OMG...my 6 month old ate peanut butter and chocolate!!!
Michael, in all of his awesomeness, came up to the counter next to me to help. He placed the platter of 11 perfect cookies, and 1 mangled one on the counter, and let go...only, he didn't put it all the way on the counter. The glass plate tipped over, and all 11 of my perfect cookies, baked for our neighbors, dumped on my not-so-clean kitchen floor. Thankfully, he caught the plate. Great. Can't give the cat-fur and little pieces of 'who-knows-what' infused cookies to the neighbors now!
Ya. I wasn't impressed, but had no other choice than to laugh. I mean really? How does this happen??
Needless to say, I have given our neighbors an IOU for some fresh cookies, the next time I make some. And this time, I won't carry Hailey and the plate of cookies at the same time. I will have Michael carry Hailey, and I will carry the cookies.
Damn I wish I had pictures of this!
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment