Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Snax" (aka: Gymnastics)

We registered Hannah in Gymnastics this year. She was ready for a structured physical fitness class. Gymnastics seemed to be a good fit for her based on her personality. We went to "open gym" a couple of times for her to play on the equipment and familiarize herself with the gym. It was during the "open gym" visits that she started calling gymnastics - "snax". I'm not sure how she makes the correlation, but she does. And now we know that when she talks about "snax" she is talking about gymnastics. Her official classes started on April 15, but I wasn't able to get some good pictures until now (Grandma & Grandpa came along to watch Hannah and take care of Hailey - thanks guys!). :)

At the beginning of each class, all of the kids start in circle time. Here, they stretch, do big movements, run around, and get ready for their smaller classes. Girls with long hair are supposed to wear it up in ponytails. I know Hannah's hair isn't considered "long", but I make her wear it up in ponytails anyways, just to be able to put her hair in ponytails. She won't let me do it any other time during the week.
Doing a back-roll. Not a somersault, just a back roll to stretch out.
Pretending to be a frog.
Flying off with Teacher Carmen.
Jumping is one of her absolute favorite activities. This particular trampoline is a long tumbling trampoline. I am allowed to shadow her, and even jump on the equipment too. Usually I have Hailey in the Snugli carrier, and I gently bounce along with Hannah. Hailey seems to enjoy it too.
Doing a backward somersault with Teacher Carmen.
Over she goes.
And she is finished...at the bottom of the foam wedge.
Doing a star jump on the tumbling trampoline.
Balancing on the low parallel bars. We have learned that even though it is cold in this gym, it is best to go barefoot during lessons so that our feet don't slip off of the bars.
Turning around on the low parallel bars.
Peeking back at Mommy!
Doing a "Donkey kick".
Doing a hand stand with the help of Teacher Carmen.
Swinging on the high parallel bars.
And now for her absolute favorite activity...the big trampoline.
Doing a "Seat Drop". Love her hair in this shot.
This is the "up" side of a "seat drop". :)
Cuddling with Teacher Carmen. I think Hannah likes to be the teacher's pet. :)
Playing "Popcorn" with Teacher Carmen. Sizzle sizzle sizzle....
POP!
I love all of the crazy hair, and the little girl's smile! This is a favorite game at the end of each class. :)
Hopefully, I will get the chance to take some more pictures soon. :)

No comments: