Friday, May 7, 2010

Playdate

Hannah, Hailey and I went to our friend Jacinthe's house for a playdate today. There were 8 children there, and it was sooo much fun. I have been friends with two of these ladies for almost 4 years, and have had the pleasure of meeting the other lady a few months ago. After Hailey fell asleep, I pulled out my camera and did a one-handed photo shoot (as she was sleeping in my arms). I got some great pictures of the kids, and thanks to the mommies, have permission to post them here. :)

We made lunch for the kids, and when they were done, I blew up the jumpey house and we let them go to town while the mommies ate. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. What is it about getting together with other moms? Something about the similar experiences of raising children...we just laughed ourselves silly. After we were done eating, we went into the play room and watched our kids go. All 8...so busy...and so funny.

This is Mr. K. His mom and I have agreed that Hailey and K should be betrothed. He is just 9 months old, and already has his life planned out.
K is a unique little boy, with big huge eyes, and an awesome laugh. He loves to have one sock on and one sock off, proving that he doesn't want to your average Joe.

Nope, he wants to be an airplane pilot...
And a guitar player in a band...
And when he is at home, he likes to be in control of the remote control. Of course, he will be sure to share with Hailey when she wants to watch something. :)
This is Mr. F...a busy little 16 month old. I love this age, but find it to be one of the most difficult to photograph because they are sooo busy. Thankfully, the little things (like a bird outside the window) can slow them down long enough to get a good picture.
There was an awesome spit bubble on the right side of his mouth. I can't believe I caught it!
Playing with cars & a big truck.
This is Mr. D. He was sitting on his bed, reading books when I snapped this picture. Love the peeling wallpaper. His mom laughed and said that D was helping her out (she hates the wallpaper, but it was there when they moved in).
Showing me his book.
Having fun on his bed. D and 3 girls! Playing peek a boo. That is always good fun.This is Mr. S & his mommy. S just woke up from his nap, and was still feeling cuddly.
He loves to climb.
Isn't he a cutie?
This is Miss C. and her mommy. Miss C is Mr. K's big sister (and Hailey's future sister-in-law - LOL). She loves to make mommy laugh.
And be silly on a chair. Very serious about reading her book.
And of course there is my Hannah...having fun in a plastic bin.
I'm stuck, but I am happy.
It is the perfect size for me.:)
And finally, Miss L. She loves to play the harmonica.
Miss L is Mr. F's big sister. Such a goofy girl.
Looking out the window like her little brother.
Thanks for the playdate Mommies and friends. We can't wait for another one!

No comments: